Guide For Renting
Rental car as a GIFT?
vehicle fleet - Czech Republic write to email@example.com
vehicle fleet - Germany HERE
How to book or get a quote
- Booking a car or getting a quote is possible online www.sixt.cz. Click on "Rent a Car" and follow the simple process.
- Call SIXT reservation central office: + 420 222 324 995
Authorization to drive a rental vehicle
To rent a car from SIXT in Czech Republic:
- you must have a valid driver´s license (good advice: for at least a year)
- you must have a valid credit card or a SIXT Express card
Notice: The license holder who has reached the age of 60, 65 and 68 years (after the age 68 years every two years) is obliged to undergo a medical examination (see § 84 odst. 4 Road Trafic Act). The resulting documentation, „Certificate of medical fitness to drive motor vehicles“, you must then give to the employee of car rental.
Vehicle pick up
- Necessary documentation to pick up vehicle:
- Valid driving license for all drivers (in case of drivers outside the Shengen area, we require an internationl driving license)
- Embossed credit card or a SIXT billing card. Credit card holder must be present and sign the Rental Agreement and he will be listed as a Renter.
- Czech customers who aren´t Sixt billing card holders must bring another form of identification - a valid identity card or a valid passport.
- The vehicle is rented with a full tank and has to be returned with a full tank, otherwise you will be charged for refuelling.
- Your rental price includes VAT, unlimited kilometres and insurance against damage and theft (most tariffs). Our staff can inform you about another insurance possibilities. Please visit our link "insurance" on this site.
- We will give you the Rental Agreement to check and to sign. This Rental Agreement contains all agreed services and isurance including applicable fees.
- It is important to check the vehicle properly to avoid any inconvenience when you return the car.
When you made your online reservation, we will send you confirmation e-mail containing your reservation number, access code and details about renting. If you want to cancel your reservation, click on "Cancellation" and fill in your reservation number and access code.
A permission is necessary to go outside the Czech Republic with a Sixt rental vehicle. Please, contact a Sixt departement for more information. Please note that some vehicles are not allowed to leave the Czech Republic and some countries are not permitted to enter at all. Please visit our "FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions" or contact our office for more information.
Renewal of rental
If you want to extend the time of rental, you need the consent of the Sixt empolyee from Czech Republic and to fill in all necessary documents.
We accept all credit cards from internationally recognised credit card companies - such as American Express, Diners Club, Eurocard/Mastercard, Visa. We do not accept any prepaid cards or debit cards. Cash Payment is not accepted.